|Thursday 25th May 2023 (9am – 4:30pm)
|Friday 26th May 2023 (9am – 4:30pm)
|The ADR Centre, Takapuna
|8 CPD Hours
The Art of
You create value for your organisation in the agreements that you negotiate every day, both internal and external. Yet little time is devoted to understanding and sharpening this core competency.
Developing and broadening your influencing and negotiating skills will help you create and capture more value in the agreements that you reach with customers, suppliers, and a wide range of stakeholders. This includes agreements formalised in contracts as well as the myriad of informal agreements that we reach that allow us to cooperate and collaborate.
Negotiation is a process but also an art, given it is performed live. This 2-day workshop, therefore, ensures opportunities to practice and embed learned skills and behaviors using simulations. Investment in your negotiation knowledge and capability provides immediate payback in the higher-value agreements reached. Organisations highly value those skilled at reaching an agreement, so advanced negotiation skills training is an investment in your future.
This comprehensive 2-day workshop is designed to provide frameworks and tools and is very applicable to real-life situations. The workshop presenter has a unique combination of advanced academic qualifications with decades of high-value international negotiation experience and will equip you with the tools and insights to become a more confident negotiator. Guest speakers provide an even greater breadth of experience and advice.
This interactive workshop will stretch you beyond your comfort zone in a supportive learning environment alongside your peers.
A workbook containing information and exercises will be provided, as well as pre-reading to ensure that you get the most out of the workshop.
|Early Bird Fee (available until 15th April 2023)
|*Second participant from same firm
*multiple participants from an organisation are encouraged to help embed methodologies and behaviours
Fees are inclusive of:
- All catering (morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea)
- All course materials including pre-reading and workbook
- Complimentary post-course consultancy session (40min) providing advice on an actual negotiation situation (valid for 6 months).
- All fees are GST inclusive.
Numbers are strictly limited.
The ADR Centre Experience
- Brand new purpose-built training centre on Auckland’s North Shore, overlooking Takapuna beach.
- Expert presenter and panel speakers – passionate specialists who keep up to date with the latest trends in their field.
- Practical training methods – theory and practical-based training to take back to the office.
- Outstanding catering included – healthy morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea all tailored to dietary requirements.
- Workshop numbers are strictly limited to ensure active participation and optimal learning outcomes.
Topics covered in this 2-day Workshop include:
- Crafting a negotiation strategy based on structured preparation
- Building rapport and relationship management
- Examination of real-world negotiation case studies
- An examination of key negotiation tactics
- Panel discussion with guest presenters
- Engaging negotiation simulations that allow you to embed skills and behaviours
Who is this workshop suitable for?
- Sales and business development managers
- Professional services managers and associates
- Purchasing professionals
- Relationship managers
- Public sector agencies
- Project leaders and contract managers
- Other roles involving collaboration and agreements
- Confidently craft negotiation strategies appropriate for the situation
- Better understand and manage the negotiation process to achieve improved outcomes
- Increase the value of an agreement and improve relationships
- Observe behaviour and understand the psychology in negotiation situations
- Manage stress in conflict situations and select appropriate responses
- Broaden your toolbox of negotiation tactics
About the Presenter: David Ferguson
David combines extensive commercial negotiation experience with advanced negotiation qualifications. He has worked in both the public sector (as New Zealand’s Trade Commissioner to Japan and Korea) and in the private sector in Singapore, Australia and New Zealand for multinationals leading teams accountable for negotiating up to US$4bill per annum.
David has completed the Melbourne Business School’s Negotiation Course and the Harvard Negotiation Masterclass. He also holds a Doctorate in Business Administration (thesis on team negotiation) and a Juris Doctor (admitted to practice in Victoria). David is also a Chartered Member of the Institute of Directors and an Associate Member of AMINZ.
“I see negotiation as a broad set of skills and techniques that seek out untapped value in commercial relationships and allow agreements to be reached that benefit both parties. It remains the greatest single opportunity for organisations to create shared value by adopting a problem-solving approach and finding innovative solutions.”
“Do it. It’s a rare opportunity to get training of
“Highly recommend this to empower them with confidence to negotiate.”
“Recommended – very useful content, great speaker, and get to find out your shortcomings in negotiation. It is an excellent course to take if you are unfamiliar with how to structure a negotiation or a refresher for those who do it daily.”
“Great negotiation training with a good company. A great course to cover negotiation fundamentals”